Saturday 1 March 2014

First attempt at Project Life 2014!

Hi All

After enjoying looking at Project Life pages on crafty blogs/facebook groups, I decided that this was the year that I would give it a go. It seemed the perfect time with having a newborn, a great way to document her first year in the world and also a quick, but fun way of crafting 'quickly!' As you can imagine the first few weeks with a newborn has been a bit hectic but last week I finally got the chance to sit down and have a go. There I was, page protectors and photographs....what was next! I had purchased some special baby girl cards from Simple Stories as I couldn't get hold of the baby girl Project Life cards at the time I ordered my protectors etc. However, they are on my wish list...best purchase them before maternity pay really takes its toll! I bought the 3x4 cards, 6x4 cards and these really cute stickers that also went with the range. They also do a baby boy set if you are interested.



    


Armed with my photographs and these cards, I made a start! I struggled a little as a lot of the page protectors I had were only able to hold landscape 6x4 photographs so I also need to purchase some protectors that will hold portrait ones. Once I got started I really enjoyed it. I put all of my photographs in and then found some apt cards or ones that seemed to fit that particular week and slotted those in. Taking a step back, I then embellished them, very simply, with some of the stickers and some other bits and bobs I'd bought in Hobbycraft. The final step was adding my journaling to the cards that I'd chosen. So far I have three pages which I'm using as two weeks-the odd one will also have a title page that will make it into a double page spread...I think....but I think I want to do that at the end so I can put pictures of our daughter from throughout the year! What do you think? I hope you like it!




For my first go I was pleased with the result. I would appreciate any feedback or top tips for Project Life though as I am a complete newbie! Feel free to leave a comment. These were the pockets I had:

                         
I believe they are Design A....I now need to look for some with portrait picture spaces....will go on the hunt again. I am really looking forward to carrying on with Project Life throughout the year. Obviously, I have got some catching up to do but I'm certain I will get on top of it soon! I will post my progress as often as I can and will try and keep finding inspiration on your blogs! I do have a couple of questions for experienced project lifers!
  1. Do you make a point of putting 'Week 1/2/3' etc somewhere on your pages?
  2. Do you make a point of putting the date somewhere on your pages or do you do both of these?
  3. Do you always use a double page spread for each week or do you have some weeks on single pages?
Would love to hear your view. Thanks for looking.

Hugs
Arline
xx


1 comment:

  1. Arline your PL pages look gorgeous. I say yes to all 3 of your questions. Good luck

    ReplyDelete