Sunday 23 February 2014

Book Review #2 (2014) - 'Cupcakes at Carringtons' by Alexandra Brown

Hi All


Well, another chick lit book read. This was one that I had been wanting to read since it was released! Hope you enjoy my review :)



Cupcakes at Carrington's
January 2013
Alexandra Brown
***

As I had downloaded this on the kindle, rather than see it in real life, I was probably under the wrong illusion that the book would have cupcakes at the centre of the story. However, this is a novel set in a department store (which made me think of Harrods every time the layout and departments were described!) with references made to a café upstairs that the protagonist's best friend runs and is sometimes used as a place to vent the troubles of the day. Even though I had greatly misinterpreted this detail, the book did not disappoint, in fact I couldn't put it down!

Georgie, our protagonist, works in the handbag department in Carrington's, the dream job of every girl who will probably read this book. Her life has the regular ups and downs of a chick lit novel and Brown creates a character that you instantly warm to and urge things to go right for her. Of course, love must play a part in the story and there are two special men in Georgie's life. However, for some reason, I didn't warm to either of the men who were interested in her. Not sure why...

Of course, the storyline resembles that of a classic chick lit novel and has predictable, but enjoyable, elements. However, there are some twists and turns along the way, I for one did not expect quite the ending that it does! As well as Georgie, her best friend Sam is a likeable character and Camille is an absolute legend! Definitely worth a go if you like a good girly read!

Hope you enjoyed my second review. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated....I'm writing this one quite late, trying to catch a few minutes while the baby is sleeping, so I apologise for any mistakes or if I've missed anything!

Thanks for reading.
Hugs
Arline
xx


** All opinions expressed in this review are my own, I have not received any compensation for my review and do not wish to offend in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment